Recipes Bobby's Vegan BBQ Burger
- vegan or regular buns 4, halved
- curly lettuce leaves
- beef tomato slices
- To make the chipotle ‘mayo’, put all of the ingredients into a small bender (or use a stick blender) with a pinch of sugar and whizz until very smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil, whizz again until it looks like mayonnaise. Season, tip into a bowl, cover and chill.
- To make the burgers, tip all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until combined.
- Divide into 4 and shape into burger patties. Put onto an oiled baking sheet or plate and chill until you need them, at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the barbecue on a griddle pan to high. Brush the burger patties with a little olive oil, then put onto the grill. Cook for 3 minutes then flip, and cook for 3 minutes more. Don’t keep moving the burgers or they will be more likely to break up, and you want a good crust on them.
- Lightly char the burger buns on the grill, then spoon in a dollop of the ‘mayo’ to the base. Add a few lettuce leaves. Top with a burger, then add a spoon of guacamole, and a few drained picked onions. Add another spoon of mayo to top, some tomato slices, and sandwich on top. Secure with a skewer if you need to. Serve with mustard or ketchup, if you don’t have your full fix of sauces and toppings!